I can't open Onenote on my Macbook Pro with Yosemite. One day I got an error message saying that the Onenote-application was closed incorrectly and since then I haven't been able to open the applikation.
- Once on the page for your OneNote version, click the Download button to get OneNote for Windows or Mac. If you’re using a mobile device, you can download the program from your device’s app store.
- Microsoft is releasing its Office suite on Apple’s Mac App Store today. The software giant is making Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote, and OneDrive all available in the Mac App Store.
In line with a report from last week, Microsoft today launched OneNote for the Mac, making several significant changes to the service for both mobile and desktop users. The biggest change is in pricing with OneNote now free across all supported platforms for personal use. The free Mac app also.
I tried to uninstall/reinstall several times, but it doesn't work. I've used the follow method to uninstall:
I've also tried to remove specific folders from the Library:
And followed this solution (which help others) but it work either:
- Delete this folder: ~/Library/Containers/com.microsoft.onenote.mac
- Delete this folder: ~/Library/Group Containers/UBF8T346G9.Office
- Open up “Keychain Access” app on your Mac, and search for “MicrosoftOffice”. If OneNote recognized that you signed in, you will have an entry with a long name. Delete it.
- Restart your computer.
- Try launching OneNote and signing in again
I've also used an application for removing apps on MacBooks, and reinstalling Onenote afterwards, but that didn't help either.
Also, I can't delete the keychain for MicrosoftOffice on my Keychain Access.
Does anyone help me?
Is this a good question?
I am having the same problem but not using Yosemite. I was copying a text and it had a symbol in it but I did not catch it. Now I cannot open it on my MacBook Pro. I had the same problem on my iPhone, but I was able to delete the page and now it works fine on the phone. I need help. I use One Note for everything. All my schoolwork is on it.
After rebooting and everything coming up fine right after a restore from Time Machine backup.
Onenote Pros And Cons
When trying to open OneNote, the screen starts flashing and a small icon is shown spinning bottom right next to Downloads. Also it was putting up thousands of boxes asking to Allow Always, Disallow or Allow for Keychain access. The system then goes into a loop and has to be turned off to stop it.